our garden journal

our garden journal

Sunday, August 15, 2010

It Really Ought To Rain!


My dog Lizzie was not going to go out this morning no matter how much I insisted. It was going to rain! I haven't checked the weather for predictions of rain since I got my Lizzie, she is much more accurate. So the thunder in the distance was not just taunting me, it would rain. So there I was in a cool breeze listening to louder and louder thunder (did i mention the cool breeze?) planting Kentucky Wonder and Royal Burgandy beans, peas, and cucumbers on our garden playhouse (PHROG). As I was scattering radish seeds around the edge of the planting it started to rain. Perfect timing! Unfortunately by 9:30 Lizzie was happy to go outside. For a moment though, I thought I saw St Fiacre smile.

http://www.pittsburgpostgazette.com/garden/20001223clips4.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment